Cool Shutters Ltd is committed to ensuring that Your privacy is protected. Should we ask You to provide certain information by which You can be identified when using this website, then You can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cool Shutters Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that You are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st October 2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand Your needs and provide You with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think You may find interesting using the email address which You have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use Your information to contact You for market research purposes. We may contact You by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to Your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that Your information is secure. In Order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on Your computer’s hard drive. Once You agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets You know when You visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to You as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to Your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about Your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in Order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide You with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages You find useful and which You do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to Your computer or any information about You, other than the data You choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but You can usually modify Your browser setting to decline cookies if You prefer. This may prevent You from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once You have used these links to leave our site, You should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which You provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of Your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever You are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that You can click to indicate that You do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If You have previously agreed to us using Your personal information for direct marketing purposes, You may change Your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease Your personal information to third parties unless we have Your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use Your personal information to send You promotional information about third parties which we think You may find interesting if You tell us that You wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about You under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If You would like a copy of the information held on You please write to Cool Shutters Ltd, Park Road Estate, Park Road, WA14 5QH.
If You believe that any information we are holding on You is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We do not store credit or debit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd party.
Following Your Order placement (and upon receipt of Your deposit payment), we will arrange a (technical) survey date with You. The technical survey is typically carried out within 7 working
days of Order placement. Your bespoke shutters will take approx. 8 weeks from the date the survey has been carried out. Our team will then contact You to book in Your installation. The Company will not be liable to the Customer if it is forced to postpone an appointment for a survey or installation (even at very short notice) or for any other delay or failure in relation to the supply/installation of the shutters, where the postponement was caused by circumstances beyond the Company’s control, including sickness or injury to any of the Company’s surveyors or installers.
The Customer has the right to cancel the Order and obtain a refund of the initial payment within seven days of the date on which the contract was signed. The onus is on the Customer to provide proof of cancellation within the prescribed period by giving a written notice of cancellation to the Company. To make a cancellation it is recommended that a Notice of Cancellation be sent via recorded delivery to: Cool Shutters Ltd, Park Road Estate, Timperley, WA14 5QH.
Best Price Guarantee – Terms & Conditions As of 16th May 2014
We are confident that our prices for plantation shutters (Basswood, Poplar and Elm) are the lowest price around but if you should be lucky enough to find an identical product (i.e. same timbers) sold elsewhere at a lower rate we will match that price plus we will give you a further discount of 10%.
- To take advantage of our Best Price Guarantee you will need to produce a typed quotation from a national UK based company selling Basswood, Poplar or Elm plantation shutters. The quotation must be on a like for like basis. The quotation must be no older than 30 days old and must clearly indicate the full price to be paid for the delivery & installation of plantation shutters. Hand written quotations on letterhead will not be accepted.
- The delivery and installation address on the quotation must be the same address given to us for the installation of the shutters.
- The quantity and dimensions of the shutters must be identical to those of Cool Shutters Ltd
- The guarantee does not apply to supply only shutters.
- The guarantee does not apply to any shutters quoted for by any company owned by TCMM shutter group.
- As we offer far more than just the shutters, this guarantee does not apply to any company who only sells shutters online.